Week 7: What Is It Finally Time For You To Do?
February 10, 2008
To be sure this e-newsletter arrives in your inbox each week, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or approved list of senders.
Welcome and Announcements
Welcome to our 162 new subscribers since last week!
In the News
February's Sweetheart Deal
Featured in Black Enterprise
Join my network of over 1000 friends on Myspace at
This Week's Topic: What Is It Finally Time For You To Do?
I remember the day back in 1999 that I decided to finally get down to business and write my first book. I'd talked about writing a book for years. I had started writing two books, but simply ran out of words and never finished them. Then one morning, while getting dressed for work and daydreaming about my book, I made a shift. "It's time to just do it," I realized. I was tired of thinking about it and ready to move forward.
This week, I feel led to ask you, "What is it finally time for you to do?" It's a great question for the beginning of the year. Perhaps there is something you've been talking about doing, thinking about doing, even daydreaming about doing. And in 2008, it's time to make a move! A few years ago, I discovered a scripture in Ecclesiastes 5:3 that inspires me whenever I get stuck in a rut of over-thinking my vision in a particular area of my life:
"A dream comes through much activity, but a fool is known by his many words."
Whether your dream is related to your work, relationships, finances, health or spiritual life, it will only come to life when you take action! So what is it time for you to take action on? Consider these examples to help you identify what it's time for you to take action on in 2008:
- Is it time to change jobs? Change careers? Ask for a raise? Launch your own business? Take your existing business to a new level?
- Is it time to move past fears or past heartbreaks so that you are healthy and ready for love in your life? Is it time to forgive a family member or friend against whom you've been holding a grudge? Is it time to carve out more time for the people you love? Is there a conversation that's long overdue?
- Is it time to stop using those credit cards that you don't pay in full every month? Is it time to set up an automatic debit from your checking into an investment account so that you can finally bring your savings goals to life this year? Is it time to take action towards getting more (and better) clients or customers? Is it time to stop spending money to impress others?
- Is it finally time to get serious about exercising consistently? Or is it time to cut back on the sugar or fried foods, or add more vegetables to your diet?
Your Spiritual Life
- Is it time to trust God in a particular situation or area of your life? Do you finally need to find a "church home" that nourishes you in the way that you need to be nourished? Is it time to get serious about studying the Word?
Whatever it's finally time for you to do, make a decision this week to do it. It's time to make a shift and recognize that the time has come for a change. If you ignore the need for a change when it's time, you will find yourself increasingly frustrated with the situation. Often God will allow you to get frustrated so that you will finally become fed up enough to do something about it! That's where I was when I began writing Rich Minds, Rich Rewards in 1999. I knew there was a book inside of me and I was so tired of my own excuses and procrastination, that I finally started writing. Your dreams can come true, but your job is to take action! It begins with a decision and continues with each step you take forward.
It is essential not to begin the year by overwhelming yourself with multiple, large changes and goals. Get clear about what's most important and focus your actions on it.
My challenge to you this week:
Identify the "thing" that it is finally time for you to do. Then take action!
What has kept me from taking action on this particular circumstance or issue in the past? What will I need to do differently to make it easier for me to accomplish my goal? What is my goal in this area for 2008?
Until next time ...
P.S. Encourage your friends and family by sharing this newsletter and invite others to subscribe! Just send them to
www.valorieburton.com, where they can enter their email address on the home page.
Valorie Burton, a life coach and speaker, is the author of Listen to Your Life, Rich Minds, Rich Rewards, What's Really Holding You Back?, Why Not You? and her latest, How Did I Get So Busy? The 28-Day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule and Reconnect with What Matters Most. Subscribe to her FREE, inspirational e-newsletter at www.valorieburton.com.
Reclaim Your Schedule and Your Life with Our "Busy Bundle"!
Our newest online store package is the "Busy Bundle," which includes a copy of the brand new book, How Did I Get So Busy? The 28-Day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule and Reconnect with What Matters Most, as well as the unabridge, 6-CD set audio book. Save more than 20% when you them together for just $34.99 (reg. $38)! Purchase the book and audio book "bundle" by clicking here.
Please feel free to forward the Rich Minds, Rich Rewards E-Newsletter to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. The Rich Minds, Rich Rewards E-Newsletter is written and distributed by Inspire, Inc. Copyright (c) 2008 Valorie Burton. All rights reserved. www.valorieburton.com.